BUTLERS QUARTERS HOLIDAY RENTAL - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Bookings, Deposits and Payments
- Bookings will be confirmed in writing (including email) when a non-refundable deposit has been paid and the booking form completed and received by the Estate Office. All payments must be made in £’s sterling and can either be made by cheque or by BACS. The account details are on the booking form. Bookings will remain provisional for a maximum period of 5 days from the acknowledgement of the initial enquiry. After this time the apartment may be offered to let to other parties. The balance of the rental payment is payable 6 weeks prior to the commencement of the rental period. Apartments booked within 6 weeks of the intended start date of the holiday must be paid for in full at the time of booking.
- In the event of cancellation by you, notification must be given in writing by you and confirmed in writing by us. The deposit will be forfeit. However, in the event of a late cancellation (i.e. during the period up to four weeks prior to the booking) we reserve the right to retain 100% of the hire charge. Ardkinglas may cancel the booking without liability in the following circumstances: On seven days written notice if any payment that is due has not been made by the hirer in accordance with this agreement. There will be no refund of monies already paid; On as much notice as practicable if Ardkinglas is or will be prevented by any cause outside its reasonable control from complying with its obligations under this agreement. In this case all monies paid by the hirer will be refunded.
- The charges are as agreed at the time of booking and are inclusive of VAT at the current rate but you will be liable for VAT calculated at the applicable rate at the time each payment becomes due and an appropriate VAT invoice will be issued in respect of each such payment.
- Where two or more parties join together to take a holiday apartment the booking must be made in one name only. That person will be responsible for all payments and damages.
Additional Terms and Conditions
- All linen, electricity and heating is included within the rental charge.
- Guests are requested to leave the property in the same condition as at arrival. Ardkinglas reserves the right to make additional charges for extra cleaning or to replace damaged items. Guests are requested to report any damages to the Estate Office prior to departure.
- The maximum capacity is 5 people.
- There is a strict no-smoking policy within the apartment
- No pets are allowed apart from guide dogs
- Unless otherwise agreed, the apartment is for holiday use only. No filming or other events are permitted unless previously agreed in writing with the Estates Office.
- The contract effected between the hirer and Ardkinglas is in terms of Schedule 4 Section 8 of the Housing (Scotland) Act1988 and confers on the hirer the right to occupy the property for the agreed period for holiday purposes only.
- Ardkinglas accepts no liability for any loss or damage arising and guests are requested to take out adequate insurance to cover their holiday and any activities undertaken.
- Guests are asked to comply with any reasonable requests made by Ardkinglas Staff during their stay. Ardkinglas Staff reserve the right to enter the apartment at any reasonable time for any reasonable cause.
- If Ardkinglas is prevented, because of circumstances outside their control (e.g. fire damage, drought or the interruption of utility supplies) from putting the property at the disposal of the hirer, the hire charge shall be refunded in full but the hirer will have no further claim against the owner.
- Ardkinglas is a working Estate, from time to time, public and private events are held and land management activities carried out which may restrict access to certain areas for periods of time.